In this article we will talk about how to backup iPhone. Well there are many ways in which you can back up, but we are going to concentrate on backup iPhone to iCloud and to Mac computer.
Well now a days backing up your phone is really important. As we live in a fast pace world and constantly finding new things and even new devices, so keeping a back up of files is essential.
A smart phone has become so powerful that many times you don’t need anything else to accomplish a task. But all the information inside it is very important and useful.
So, I am very sure that you will not want to lose it in any stake.
Let us now begin and understand the ways to back up your iPhone.
How to Backup iPhone to iCloud?
As we know iCloud is the official storage cloud designed by Apple for all its users.
Each device has its own iCloud backup storage where you can keep all your essential information.
Not only this Apple’s first recommendation of back up is iCloud.
Essentially Apple provides 5GB of free storage per Apple ID, but to be honest it is not enough.
Just after a few days of using iCloud I am sure 5 GB will get used in a matter no time, but you can obviously purchase additional iCloud storage.
The main work of iCloud is to sync files automatically, but it is not enough for a backup.
Follow the step by step guide below to backup iPhone to iCloud –
1) First make sure your iPhone is connected to Wifi network.
2) Next go to the Settings option and click on your name.
3) Now select the iCloud option.
4) Next click on the Manage Storage option.
5) Now click on Backup.
6) After the back up is completed, go back to iCloud option and here you will find the details and storage of backup size.
Note: If your iCloud Backup is turned on then iPhone will automatically back up when it is connected to power, locked and WiFi.
How to Backup Your iPhone Data to Mac?
If there are lots of videos, photos, apps, music, and years of messages and all the other unnecessary stuff which you cherish on your iPhone then a normal iCloud backup is not enough.
To backup your phone, macOS Catalina is must to have on Mac. Before it, people used to iTunes to backup iPhone data.
Here are the steps you need to follow to back up your iPhone to Mac:
1) First connect your phone to your Mac using a USB port.
2) Next in the Finder sidebar, select your iPhone.
3) Now click on General option on the Finder window.
4) Next select Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this Mac option.
5) Select Encrypt local backup option if you want to encrypt your backup data and protect it with a password.
6) Next click on Back Up Now.
Connecting your iPhone to your Mac wirelessly is also possible if you have set up WiFi syncing.
In case, if you would like to know about iPad then imore.com have explained it very well along with necessary images.
So, these were the steps in which you can easily back up your iPhone to Mac or iCloud.
Well as years pass by the memories are what that matters and most of us cant afford to loose them.
So, be it upgrading your device or any other, backing up your phone regularly can be very helpful.
Many times, there are chances of losing your phone, in such times back up memory can come very handy.
So, don’t wait, back up your iPhone and all the essential information today by using these two methods.